Used and Unused Assets¶
These two panels give you a detailed list of the assets included or not in your build.
You can click on any asset. If the asset is located in your project Assets folder, the asset will be selected in your project panel.
The Total Size on top of the list is the sum of all the assets Imported Size.
- Imported Size
- This is the size of the asset after it was imported in the player. For example, if the asset is a .psd file and is imported under the format ETC 4 bits in the player, then Imported Size will display the size of the later.
- Raw Size
- This is the original size of the asset imported in Unity. This is the size that directly impacts your VCS repository size.
- This is the percentage that represents the Imported Size over the total size of the build you can read on the Overview panel.
Note that you can re-order the assets by clicking on the columns header.
You can filter which assets should be listed by entering a value in the search field. .Peek will list all the
assets which path contains all of the word you input. For example, if you enter
.png car, all the asset with a path
containing .png and car will be displayed. The search field is case unsensitive.
You can also filter the assets by type. You simply need to input
t:[asset type]. This can be used on top of the
simple search, like for example :
car t:texture renault. The values accepted are:
- Displays files with extention : .png, .tga, .psd, .tif, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .bmp, .iff, .pict
- Displays files with extention : .mp3, .ogg, .wav, .aiff, .aif, .mod, .it, .s3m, .xm
- Displays files with extention : .fbx, .dae, .3ds, .dxf, .obj, .skp, .ma, .mb, .max, .c4d, .blend
- Displays files with extention : .dll, .jar, .so, .aar, .a
- Displays files with extention : .shader, .cginc
These extensions are based on what is supported in Unity. Don’t hesitate to create a pull request or open an issue on Github if you find out relevant to add an extension here.